Thursday, February 7, 2008

Plans!

No release today, I'm sorry... but qung hei fa choy! Happy new year! Today is the Chinese new year (the date may say the 8th, but I haven't been to bed yet, so it's still today to me, damnit), so happy year of the rat!

I've been doing steady work on the Mardi Gras king and queen masks for Saturday, but the male mask is slow going... The queen looks absolutely gorgeous though, I developed the idea from my late night pre-sleep sketch I mentioned earlier and it's become luscious and sinfully detailed. It's going to be darn tricky building an outfit around that under 200 prims!

I was asked recently when the Raven and the Faun masks would be coming back, along with some of the other more exotic animal masks. Currently I'm focusing more on the simple half masks, since as you've seen, I can crank those out almost daily. I've been getting them out in bulk so that I will have some nice lag time to really work on the more complex sculpts and details of creature masks!

Norathiel also has been helpfully poking me to get more demos out, and today I finally put out demos for the Voltos, Civetta and the Columbina. I've also put out demos for the Oberon and Titania. I'm actually planning on throwing a sale at the end of February to do quick remakes/retextures of certain sculpted masks. Yes, yes, I know, it's pretty soon after the last sale... but this one will include the first actual selling of the lucky chair items! Zomg! I've improved in unmeasurable ways since those first humble sculpts of May, and so my magical fairy wand of revision will touch more than just the ordinary primmed. A little hint for which ones will be revised are the masks that conspicuously do not have demos. I'm hoping to throw this lovely sale by the time that most of my remakes are out, so I can take on more.

I'm also planning on making new pirate boots, re-textured and re-feathered pirate hats, as well as new colors for the phoenix coat. But for now, more masks!

Alright, it's getting late and I'm getting tired. Hopefully I'll have one more last minute release before the party :)

No comments: