Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St Patty's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Or should I say, happy great green booze up day! I hope your neighbors come home quietly tonight, or at least that you're so soused they don't wake you up.



I always give a top hat on St. Patty's day, or at least I have for two years straight and I wanted to keep up the tradition. However, when I looked at what my options were for giving a freebie I realized that I could either do another version of a hat that is now almost two years old (ancient!) or I could make an entirely new top hat with which I can remake my other top hats and maybe even make new designs with (homg, actually making a new design rather than chasing my own tail 'round and 'round remakes? be still my beating heart). So rather than spending the usual hour or so on a freebie, I spent the whole day... 'cause I love you all just that much. Yes, that's the one and only reason.

I'm feeling very clever and full of myself, but in this picture I just look a bit drunk. Who am I to argue with a stereotype? But the reason for my feeling clever is that I solved some problems that had been like speed bumps (that were the reasons I had been happy with a normal prim hat selection for so long!) and happily bounced over them and didn't even drop a muffler.

But anyway, please enjoy, and make sure if you're not in Masqueraderie and you'd like a copy, to make sure you nab it out of the notices before the 14 days are up :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome hat.

Pssst, Paddy's short for Patrick, not Patty though. St. Paddy's day, not St Patty's.