Sunday, June 3, 2007

Braaaaaaaaaaain...

There is some sort of state of mind brought on by forced self tuition, which I have now officially dubbed Tutorial Zombie. I am currently in this state of mind.

I have a rather realistically optimistic view on a very yummy project, that if I could read the right literature, could actually completely cement my position as the only mask maker on SL and might actually get my name bigger than it already is. (Although I must say, being THE pirate outfitter is very fun, and that's had quite a much needed influx of ze munnay since it's the end of the month and rent is due). Here's my get rich quick, crush my competition scheme...












No I'm not going to tell you. Lol, but I will show you in some grand unveiling that... oh... might happen at some nearby event, who knows.

But I will share that it involves UV wrapped textures in Zbrush and I'm putting out a desperate call to anyone who can pass me a link to a good, full tutorial on getting an unwrapped painted uv texture out of Zbrush and into Photoshop. A free Captain's hat is in it for you for your trouble, and a Deluxe Captain's Hat if you're good enough at Zbrush to tell me yourself! (Disclaimer: These tutorials have to actually work, lol). (And no, I shall not accept tutorials in Modo or Maya or any other 3d renderer, I've SEEN the feature in Zbrush and goddamnit I'm going to learn how to use the bloody thing).

EDIT:: I've just found out that Photoshop CS3 could also be a very viable solution to the whole texture wrap problem, but if I don't have to pay for an upgrade I'd rather not :)

Speaking of tutorials... right now, if I see another nicely bulleted step by step instruction on how to do something I'm gonna kick it. I'm gonna kick it, and then I'm going to take off my boot and use it as a pillow and sleep 'cause darn my Tutorial Zombie brain is tired...

No comments: