Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pirate's Regalia

When I look at my store I realize there are themes that I always revisit. I love masks, I love hats, I love jewelry and I love piratey things. Most of these things have seen some love from me in mesh, but as you well know, one of these things has seen a glaring omission. It was about time for another round of awesome pirate hats.


"Chauncey" is a highly customizable felt tricorner hat with elegant ruffled trim and cording.  Both the ruffles and the cording can be set to invisible, so you can have just the plain felt hat, or a felt hat with cording and no ruffles or whatever configuration you like.  There are twelve felt hat colors, as well as eleven satin ruffle colors that match the felt and four trim colors (gold, silver, black, and white).

However, I think it needs a bit more flair...

Octopoda is the perfect pirate's accessory.  It's the result of many hours of delicate detail work which was honestly really fun.  I loved modeling the curling tentacles, the delicate baroque frame, all of the designing and modeling went really smoothly for it and it's been a very long time since something was this fun to work on.  I think you can see it in just how detailed it is, if you scale it up to some ridiculous size only then do you see all of the work I put into it.  Even small, though, it makes a perfect pendant for a pirate.  It also comes with a brooch option, which by default fits to your tricorn, but you can put on your chest if you'd rather have it there.  It comes in my usual selection of six different metal textures (bronze, gold, copper, and sterling, antiqued, and tarnished silver).

Out now at the Fantasy Faire

No comments: