Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mardi Gras Masquerade 2010

I completed the new event hall just in time for the Masque! We gave it a hell of a christening.

I tried very hard to make the interior ornate and detailed while still being rez-friendly, and I wanted to have as many picture friendly places as possible. I also wanted it to feel grand, and able to hold a full sim's worth of people yet still able to actually hear chat on the other side of it. I'm so proud to say I succeeded!

The way people work within the rules of the outfits never fails to impress me. I love to see people get creative and the time they spend planning pays off. You guys are always unfailingly and impeccably well dressed!




As always, there was a vote to determine who would be the Mardi Gras King and Queen, and be awarded the two unique masks made especially for the event. Aceius Hax was a clear favorite, looking very dapper with his cane and tailored, colorful suit. Kala Lunasea turned heads with her golden skin and vibrantly colored coat. In the end, they turned out to be a very good match!

The King and Queen masks will be released soon, I have a few tweaks I'd like to make, but I'm very proud to have made an elegant Volto after all this time. Took me long enough, yeesh.

Everyone was very good company, and six hours flew by! Before I knew it, it was just me and few other folks dancing, listening to the music, and quietly being busy at hour eight o.o No matter how long you stayed, your presence was enjoyed. This was my fourth annual Mardi Gras masquerade, and I'm so happy to continue this tradition. It was the best yet, and I want to thank you for being a part of this celebration of masks and fabulousness. I hope to see you at the next one!

No comments: