She commissioned a project that had occurred to me, but that I simply hadn't and probably wouldn't get around to. I loved the idea, and she pushed me to take it in directions I might not have.
Dreamcatcher antlers are something I thought of when I did my Dreamcatcher Nivicola Horns, but I was ready to move on to different projects at the time and it never was a priority. Ariel originally commissioned me to make a dream catcher for the Capreolinae antlers, but I had misgivings. I gave it a go and they didn't look right at all, the prongs were getting in the way and the arch of the center wasn't right. So I ended up making an entirely new set of antlers, similar to the Capreolinae but simpler, and of course made out of mesh. Mesh is just perfect for antlers, and it's lovely to be able to make seamless angles without worrying about sculpts and textures lining up. And of course, since the new antlers were made with a dream catcher in mind, it came together far better.
If you're a purist at heart, you can of course buy the antlers separately and enjoy them without all that tangled cord dangling in your face!
On the marketplace:
Rusa Antlers: 325L
Dreamcatcher Rusa Antlers: 550L