Saturday, April 21, 2007

Guide to Ordering a Custom Mask

So maybe there isn't a mask in my collection that calls to you. Maybe my designs aren't really your taste... Well that's alright then! ^.^ I accept suggestions and commissions :)

Do you have a particular vision you'd like to become a reality? Is there a creature I haven't created in mask form yet? It can be done. Either draw or find a picture (or pictures) of what your dream mask is, and I will do my best to render it in this, our lovely virtual world. Descriptions aren't ideal, but if you're eloquent enough or give enough suggestions I'll take those too.

I will not, however, accept a commission or suggestion where I do not have full artistic license. For my own protection I can not sell the masks or designs of another designer without their express permission. This means that if you are able to find written proof from the creator, or you are the creator of a design, I can not accept your commission. I have to have full artistic license to make changes as I wish, and not violate copyright laws. So if the design already exists, all I can take from it is inspiration. If you need the exact copy, please take your commission to someone with looser morals.

Suggestions don't cost anything, and sometimes I love the sound of it and I'll get right on it. However, sometimes I don't, so I won't. I have a very long to-do list, and I just have to follow where my inspiration takes me :)

With commissions, there's actually a certainty that it will be completed (if you bug me about it... otherwise I'll just put it off indefinitely). There's no way to estimate how much time or quite how many Lindens a custom mask will cost, but I normally say anywhere from 350-1000L, depending on complexity. I could try doing a complicated flow chart of numbers and Linden amounts and time etc, but frankly it really does change with every commission.

You have the option of ordering your custom mask as an Exclusive. Which is why, if you absolutely /must/ be unique, there is an additional surcharge of thrice the price. That means that you only want me and you to have it (and for me to not wear it). If the original price of the mask was 500, you'd have to pay 2000 for it to be yours, yours, YOOOUURS!

If you're interested in ordering anything that is full permissioned, for re-sale or otherwise, I'm afraid I must refuse. I believe that if I make it, it's my right to decide its fate!

As a warning, my time for commissions has gotten more limited recently. I've had a lot of work to do on my own designs, and so the waiting period has gone up to about one and a half to two weeks. If you're willing to wait that long, then by all means send me a note card.

-Siyu Suen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about a Frock Coat? do you do costume jackets to?

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

Herr Outlander,

I can suggest several gentlemen's shops for you to visit for coats already available - Pearse'd & Cut in Caledon, Steelhead and New Babbage; Gaslights Emporium in New Babbage; and you might wish to check the offerings of Silver Rose (multiple locations).

Yrs.,

Klaus Wulfenbach, Baron
Consulate of Europa Wulfenbach

Anonymous said...

Do you know of any places that will do commissions of more than just masks? Like full avatars and outfits? I can't seem to find any in my searches.