Sunday, April 6, 2014

Alato Mask

After the Luminous Masquerade I had some people asking whether or not I was going to sell the mask I gave out as a party favor.  I usually don't, to keep the masks unique, but I really liked the shape so I decided to revisit it and turn it into a simpler, classic and versatile mask.


Alato means "winged" in Italian, but of course when I read it I keep reading "a lot o'" mask, heh.  However, the name suits the shape.  The points coming down the cheeks are flattering on both men and women, and I went for a soft, gritty metallic look with the texture, with muted colors. 


This is actually the first mask I've made utilizing the specular and normal maps,  and I love the detail and effect they add.  My items from now on will be using them, so that's something to look forward to!

Out now at the store
On the marketplace: Alato Mask: 185L



No comments: