Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year

I have a pretty simple resolution this year, and that's to release more small projects. I feel like this year I did a tremendous amount of work on complex projects like the roses and the Hedera silks, that took months and months just get added to the wall. I have the potential to produce an enormous amount of awesomeness, butI do feel limited by knowing what a total pain in the ass huge projects are. I have inspiration and visions of gorgeousness that I rein in because I start worrying about how long and how demoralizing the work would be. I don't like that feeling.

Doing things like the elf slippers, holly jewelry and antlers was incredibly refreshing. It was a great reminder of how rewarding and motivating it is to release things regularly. I'm tired of agonizing over myriad pieces of a greater whole, and I'm ready to do more one-offs. I know this doesn't really effect you, but you can be on the look out for more masks, horns and possibly whimsical shoes. I won't be doing any more outfits any time soon, that's for certain. I just don't think I can handle that right now!

Also, I apologize for never getting around to blogging my holiday freebies. I've been sick for the past week and my will to do anything Second Life related went in the trash along with my spent tissues. I feel better now obviously, but that's why this post is conspicuously a few days late >.>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also that we would do without your magnificent phrase

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!